It’s almost primetime for a St. Louis summertime favorite, corn on the cob! We’re praying it’s THIGH-high by the Fourth of July so we can try out these Crazy Corn on the Cob recipes developed by our head chef, Mary. These are a gourmet spin on a classic that will be a hit at your Fourth of July celebration. And the smaller size means you get to try all the flavors! Fire up the grill!
ingredient amounts will vary depending on how many people you are serving
• Peel husks from 6 ears of corn down to the base. Remove silk and fold husks back up.
• Grill corn on medium heat with a closed cover. Turn every five minutes until kernels are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
• Remove the husks and cut into halves or thirds.
• Spread on desired sauce while hot (a basting brush works perfect for this).
• Spear with a cocktail fork for serving.
Crazy Corn Spreads
Butter and Chives
2 sticks of butter – at room temperature
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
dash Sea Salt
• Process all in blender until consistency is smooth.
Mayo, Cojito Cheese, Chipotle Lime Sea Salt
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Cojito Cheese
2 TBP Lime Juice
dash Sea Salt (unless you can find Lime Sea Salt)
Mix all ingredients in bowl until combined.
Olive Oil, Fresh Parmesan and Herbs
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Fresh Parmesan (shredded or grated)
1/4 Fresh Parley, Basil, Oregano Blend
Put all ingredients in container and shake until thoroughly combined.