With spring finally here it’s time to break out the pitchers and get out on the patio! As part of our Cocktail Friday series, we’re featuring a Peach Moscato Wine Slushy. What would be a better way to start your weekend than with a favorite cocktail of Ces & Judy’s!
This drink is easy to make and add a punch of color to any hosted cocktail hour or backyard barbecue. This slushy would even make a wonderful brunch cocktail. We LOVE the idea of serving these slushies in Margarita Glasses, along with a sugared rim and fruit garnish.
Frozen peaches are typically available year round, but if you prefer the freshness of seasonal strawberries, they might make a great alternative in this recipe. Simply clean and freeze and they will be good to go! As with the Moscato, you could definitely sub in a similar sweet wine, like gewürztraminer. Local Missouri wineries make a plethora of sweeter wines, so be sure to check your grocery or farmer’s market if you prefer to keep things local.
This cocktail is one that will carry on nicely into the summertime. Break out your blender and let’s get to it!
Serves: 4 drinks
- 1 bottle of Moscato Wine (We love St. James Winery’s Moscato)
- 1 bag of frozen peaches
- ½ cup of sugar
- (Amount of) ice cubes
- 1 medium fresh peach and strawberries (for garnish)
- Add 2 cups of frozen peaches, ice, ½ cup of sugar and 4 cups of wine into blender
- Puree all ingredients together until smooth
- Add more ice, sugar and/or wine as needed
- If mixture is too liquefied, place in freezer and stir every 30 minutes until slushy texture forms
- Pour into wine glasses
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry and peach slice
- Serve immediately
Enjoy! Please drink responsibly.